We like this on thin rice cakes, cucumbers, chips of all kinds, and Siete tortilla wraps. Makes a good picnic snack or a quick lunch.
- 1-16oz can quartered artichokes, unseasoned
- 1/3 cup mayo of choice (we like Follow Your Heart Soy-Free)
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish or chopped pickles
- 1 tbsp mustard, any variety
- 1 sheet nori, crumbled (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
Drain and rinse the artichokes, then chop or shred into small pieces in a medium bowl or storage container. Mix other ingredients into artichokes until well-combined. Season with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Nori is optional but makes it “fishier” and tastes salty.
- We like pickles a lot. You might prefer less relish.
- Chopped celery is a nice addition.
- If you eat onions, you might like to add some.
- Banana flower works well in place of artichokes, if you have access to them.
- Stays fresh in the fridge for 4-5 days.